Welcome to the Department of Linguistics
The Department of Linguistics at the University of Florida is home to the science of language. Linguistics takes different shapes and forms, all focusing on understanding how language is used and how it shapes the human experience. We have expertise in different realms of linguistics, including language documentation, theoretical, neuro-, and computational approaches to linguistics, language acquisition/bilingualism, and language teaching. We are also home to several labs that aim to provide hands-on learning opportunities for students at all levels, from undergraduate to graduate. More details can be found throughout our website.
- Edith Kaan and Jorge Valdes Kroff receive NSF Linguistics funding
- Ratree Wayland and Kevin Tang win NSF funding
- SLaM lab (Kevin Tang & Josh Martin) receive UF Clinical and Translational Science Institute Precision Health Initiative Pilot Award
- Ethan Kutlu Writes about the Need for Trans Visibility in Academia
- Kevin Tang featured in CLAS News on how Genetics Guide the Evolution of Language